Welcome to Ariadne's Temple

Enter to Love and Be Loved. You are Safe here. All is Well.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Minoan Snake Goddess


The Great Goddess, worshipped in Crete, once known as Minoa.
This effigy has a leopard on her head, possibly signifying a link to Dionysus, her consort.
Poppy seed pods adorn her headdress
Snake wands represent rebirth and immortality
Her open chested bodice suggests fertility and nurturing
The long skirt covering her feet is a mark of divinity

You make me feel powerful

You make me feel beautiful

I Am

Because You Are

Beautiful, beautiful Goddess

I Love You

Just be, and enjoy being
- Eckhart Tolle

3 comments:

  1. Right on Priestess! I had a post with a Priestess in it recently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to our Samhain Deity Do last year as the Minoan Snake Goddess. That one rather blew some minds - can send you a pic if you'd like! I am a devotee of Ariadne, Beloved of Dionysos and have been fascinated by the stories of her for some time - I'm working on a retelling from her point of view at the moment.

    Yours with love,
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily, that sounds amazing. I would love to see you dressed as Ariadne. And I think it's wonderful to re-tell the myths, from a goddess' point of view!

    ReplyDelete